Monday

Torres says, "The best is yet to come!"





• Two goals against Sunderland take season's tally to 18
• I've scored better, he says of his stunning third-minute opener
Fernando Torres has warned defenders there is still plenty of room for improvement in his game. The Liverpool striker scored twice in yesterday's 3-0 win over Sunderland, and now has 18 goals in 21 Premier League appearances this season.
Glen Johnson scored with a deflected shot in between those two, but Liverpool could easily have run out winners by six or seven goals such was their dominance, especially in a thrilling first-half performance.
But the talk was all about Torres' third-minute goal, when he whipped in a shot from the left angle of the penalty area which went over the goalkeeper Craig Gordon and found the top right-hand corner of the net.
The 25-year-old has now scored 56 times in 77 Premier League appearances and 70 in 113 outings for Liverpool.
"I think I've scored better goals, but I hope the best are still to come," he said. "The main thing is we keep enjoying our football and keep scoring goals. I got my goals because the team is playing really well, giving me good assists. We'll keep enjoying and keep scoring – that's my job. We have six games to play and must be as strong away as we are at home now. We can beat anyone."

No comments:

Post a Comment